The policy aims to give you a clear view of how we use personal information that you provide, our dedication to protecting it, your rights and the options you have to control your personal information and protect your privacy. It also outlines what personal information we collect about you when you visit our website, speak to our staff, sales representatives or contact centre, how we use your personal information and the third parties we will share it with.
What Data Do We Collect?
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Postal Address
- IP Address
- Date of Birth
Is Your Data Protected?
We are committed to protecting your personal data and implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect it against any unathorised or unlawful processing and against any accidental loss, destruction or damage.
How Is Your Data Used?
- Processing a transaction: We use relevant personal data (described above) to process and deliver a transaction and to notify you of the status of your transaction. This includes passing your information to third parties, for example solicitors or surveyors.
- Preventing Money Laundering: We will use your personal data at the appropriate time to conduct an identification check as we have a legal obligation to do so in accordance with the Anti-Money Laundering Regulations.
- Ability to proceed with an offer on a property: as a potential buyer when you book a viewing we shall contact you to clarify your financial position i.e. do you have a mortgage in principle or are you a cash buyer. Also, whether you have a property to sell to enable you to purchase another property. We will process your personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interests in determining your ability to proceed with a purchase so that the seller has an informed choice should there be an offer. This also has the potential to speed up any subsequent transaction.
- To engage with you in relation to our products and services: we will use your personal data to provide you with the products and services you have requested from us. We will process your personal data in this way if it is necessary for the performance of the contract with us.
How Will We Contact You?
We may send you information about products and services that The Harding Group offer, which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your information to other members of The Harding Group.
The Harding Group will not share your information for marketing purposes with other companies unless you have consented for us to do so.
How Do I Access or Correct My Data?
You have the right to request a copy of the data we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to make sure your personal data is accurate and up to date but if you wish to notify us of any changes then please email email@example.com.
We will keep your personal data for one year from your last interaction with The Harding Group unless we have a legal obligation to retain your personal data for a longer or shorter period of time.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, however in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
How To Contact Us
- Phone: (+44) 020 3581 5513
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Data Protection Officer, Harding Properties Limited, Cumberland House, 24-28 Baxter Avenue, Southend-On-Sea, Essex, SS2 6HZ